- 1.5 pounds bulk Italian sausage (we use turkey)
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, liquid included
- 2 14.5-ounce cans Bush’s white beans, drained
- 5 to 6 cups chicken broth
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 5 cups kale greens, chopped
- Brown turkey and garlic together and drain excess grease.
- Place in large 5 to 6-quart crock-pot.
- Add beans and tomatoes.
- Add chicken broth until completely covered by at least a half inch. Stir thoroughly.
- Add kale and fold in until kale is completely moist. Cook on low approximately 6 to 6.5 hours or until kale is tender. Makes approximately 8-10 servings.
*NOTE:Â This recipe has been reviewed by Nutritionist, Suzzanne Meyer, who specializes in food sensitivities.Â Â This recipe is free of the following: corn, dairy, eggs, gluten, nuts, oatmeal, potato, soy, wheat, and yeast.Â It is low in salicylates and moderate in amines.Â Please see her legal disclaimer.