Yield: 1 1/2 dozen egg treats
- 2 teaspoons sunflower oil
- 2 cups brown rice syrup
- 4 tablespoons cashew butter
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 cups dry puffed rice
- 1 1/2 cups carob chips
- 5 teaspoons shortening
- cake decorating sprinkles
- Â Heat large nonstick stockpot over medium-low heat; add oil.
- Add rice syrup and cashew butter; stir and heat until bubbles form.
- Turn off heat and add vanilla extract.
- Add puffed rice and mix well with spatula.Â Remove from heat.
- With slightly wet hands, form handfuls of mixture into egg shapes (about 2.5 to 3 inches tall).Â Set aside to cool.
- In small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine shortening and carob chips.Â Stir constantly until melted.
- Remove from heat.Â Dip top of each egg into mixture and sprinkle each with cake decorator sprinkles.
- Cool into refrigerator until carob sauce hardens.
Find more great recipes with this one at: