Lime Pudding {with Coconut Flour} | Secret Recipe Club Reveal

It’s that time again… Secret Recipe Club Group A Reveal for June!

So for those not familiar with the Secret Recipe Club, it’s a group of bloggers who are secretly assigned to a member’s blog each month to select a recipe to try and then share on reveal day.  It’s lots of fun to get to discover new food blogs you may not have visited before and to try something from their blog and then to see what someone else picked out from yours.

Chit Chat Chomp

Chit Chat Chomp

My assignment this month was Chit Chat Chomp, which is written by Leigh, a multi-talented blogger who not only shares delicious recipes but also amazing photography.  I could spend hours just looking through her beautiful pictures… if only I had hours!  No one can relate to that, I’m sure.  ;)

I had a difficult time this month, probably due to exhaustion from all of the end-of-school year craziness.  I only have one child in school, and he’s in Kindergarten but it has been exhausting nonetheless!  I told my children yesterday that I am getting old.  We were riding around in the car while our daughter napped.  This was after she woke up, and she said, “No, you’re not.  Daddy is!”  Kids are so funny, aren’t they?

So when I was looking around Leigh’s blog, I had a couple of options I was considering this time.  Usually, I can narrow it down pretty quickly, but this month was different.  I first had my eye on her Salad of Plums, Lentils and Italian Sausages.  I will probably attempt that one soon.  We already had our menu for this week planned out.  I almost made her Chocolate Orange Kisses but we usually substitute carob for chocolate and I was out of carob chips and needed something simpler.

So I ended up trying her Little Lime Puddings… and they were delicious!  I used coconut flour so had to make a few adjustments since coconut flour is highly absorbent.  The Chef and I have not used it very much yet, so I had to enlist his help with adjusting the recipe.  I had read it works best when you use 20% of the flour in the recipe and then use liquid for the other 80% of the flour in the recipe.  Ours ended up with a little too much liquid, so we’d probably cut back just a little on the lime juice next time.  That’s where we added the extra liquid in.

The Chef said if we had let them cool more the liquid might have absorbed even more as they cooled, but I really liked eating them warm.  He said he thought he would have liked eating it cold.  Either way, these are definitely worth trying if you like lime!

Recipe: Lime Pudding {with Coconut Flour}

Summary: Adapted from Little Lime Puddings Recipe by Leigh at Chit Chat Chomp

Lime Pudding with coconut flour

Ingredients

  • 3.5 tablespoons butter
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 tablespoon coconut flour, sifted
  • 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
  • 1 1/4 cup milk
  • finely grated zest from 1 lime
  • 2 eggs, separated
  • vanilla yogurt

Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Beat butter, zest and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy.
  3. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
  4. Fold in flour.
  5. Gradually add milk in a steady stream, lightly whisking to combine. Mixture will look slightly curdled but will also look pretty runny (remember you are using more liquid to compensate for coconut flour’s density and absorbent nature).
  6. Whisk eggs in clean bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold lightly through pudding batter.
  7. Pour into 4 oven-proof ramekins and place on backing sheet. Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
  8. Serve with vanilla yogurt and lime garnish.

Preparation time: 10 minute(s)

Cooking time:

Number of servings (yield): 4

My rating 4 stars:  ★★★★☆ 1 review(s)

Copyright © The Saturday Evening Pot.

Thanks, Leigh, for a delicious and easy recipe!  My son loved it.

If you ever need help adapting a recipe, check out our Ask The Chef page… some recipes can be tricky!

 

Last Month’s Reveal – Coconut Crepes with Strawberries and Kiwi

Check out the other recipes revealed by Group A this month!



You can find more delicious recipes with this one linked at:   Titus 2sdays, The Mommy Club, Works for Me Wednesday

About the Author

Adopted at age 2, grew up in the Charlotte, NC area. Obtained Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology from Appalachian State University. Loves being a Mom of two and taste-testing Chef John's culinary creations and sharing them with readers.

Comments

There are currently no comments on this post, be the first by filling out the form below.

Speak Your Mind

*

CommentLuv badge